How to Raise a Vegan Child

How to Raise a Vegan Child
Most families have been raised to incorporate meat into everyday meals. This increased adaptation to a meaty diet raises multiple health concerns like heart conditions, high blood pressure and many others. In order to curb this trend, teaching kids to eat vegetables is a must. Here are some tips how to raise a vegan child.

Start them Young
Starting kids at a very young age lets them appreciate a vegan diet leading them to embrace the vegan lifestyle even when they grow old.

Share your Appetitefor Life
Kids dislike the taste of vegetables mainly because they emulate how their parents dislike it. Showing them by example that you like vegetables, they too will share your appetite for life.

Reinforced Positivity
Reward your children and acknowledge their vegan efforts to uplift the image of eating vegetables and the ideals of a vegan lifestyle.



Personal Story of Raising Vegan Kids
Mrs. Aida Mateo Mother of 2
I was raised in a Chinese family where the table is wet with five to six viands per meal, excluding our merienda. When I went to the United States and met my husband, Dr. Tam we have been engrossed with our work and business, that had to be finished each day, we didn’t have time to cook our own food. So we would eat out in restaurants. Our business succeeded, but my health suffered. I was stricken with cancer.

My heart fell when I found out about my case. It was then that we turned to our Great Healer. I prayed for help. The Lord answered as my husband became the First Filipino Naturopathic Doctor. We followed the Lord’s way of healing – the Natural way. And by God’s grace, I survived. After the miracles, I vowed to serve the Lord. And the Lord gave me a bonus… my two lovely daughters. But for now, this isn’t about my healing… it is about the gift entrusted to mothers from heaven, how I raised my kids Vegan!

My youngest Tammy eats raw salad and so as not to adulterate her taste, we do not add any unnecessary salt, sugar or oil in her diet. We also abstain from eating rice or bread. Instead, she eats saba (A variety of banana), camote (sweet potato), or corn, When we go out I bring all our food to make sure that all she eats are natural. I’ve raised them early on a vegan diet, because I myself am a vegan. I explain to my children, the benefits of having this kind of diet, so when they are with different people, they will not be tempted to stray from natural food.

Parents should start this practice and set an example for their children to follow. You must eat healthy and natural food, so you can motivate your children to do the same. If ampalaya (bitter melon) is bitter to your taste, eat it like it’s the best tasting vegetable around and show them you liked it.

Our children will enjoy eating what you, as parents, like to eat.

SOURCE: http://www.drtam.org/dtvap.php?page=raising-vegan-kids

comments

0 Responses to "How to Raise a Vegan Child"

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Dhiti